A brand new political podcast from Ireland’s two best-known independent left wing MEPs, straight from the belly of the EU beast. Unfiltered by mainstream media they grapple with the problems at the very heart of the European project.
Listen & subscribe using on of the services below, or open with your favourite podcast player.
You can also follow the Podcast series by following the official Independents 4 Change Twitter account.
- The EU is not coming after the small farmers of Ireland with the proposed Nature Restoration Law but that is how it has been painted at home. This is some of the most significant EU environmental legislation for decades and it is urgent. This week we’re breaking down the new law, what it would mean […]
- This week on the podcast we've got a new intro and a new host – Mireia. Mick and Clare discuss Ukraine, the anniversary of the Nakba, EU militarisation, Belarus and Sudan.
- This week Mick, Clare and Damien discuss a debate on the role of farmers in the ecological transition where the EPP are doing their best to scrap the green deal, a parliament vote to fast track ammunitions manufacture for Ukraine and how fortress Europe has enriched the warring factions in Sudan.
- This week we’re discussing Micheál Martin’s recent comments about China, Commission President von der Leyen’s horrific speech about Israel and the state of electoral politics in Georgia.
- This week on the podcast we’re discussing the gathering momentum for the anti-war movement across Europe. We also discuss how government policies in Ireland are driving people into the arms of the far-right, the approach of the international community to the war in Ukraine and the recent fighting in Sudan.
- Mick and Clare join us from Strasbourg. They discuss the parliament plenary debate on China, EU “battlegroups”, the European Green Deal and the EU’s inconsistency when it comes to defending media freedom.
- This week we have something a little different. Mick sits down with Ilia Lobjanidze of the United Communist Party of Georgia to discuss recent unrest in Georgia with the foreign agents law and the protests which followed. They talk about what life is like for those in Georgia today and the attitudes of Georgians towards […]
- This week Mick and Clare are hot off the heels of their visit to China, they discuss their impressions of the place and the people, and China's place in the geopolitical sphere.
- This week on the podcast we discuss: greenwashing, carbon credits, Interpol, and how the EU is lecturing African countries to take sides in the war in Ukraine.
- This week on the podcast we're talking about a strange week in Strasbourg. We discuss some debates where Mick and Clare did not get to contribute – notably on Israel and Iran, as well as a heated debate over the issue of sending arms to Ukraine.