A brand new political podcast from Ireland’s two best-known independent left wing MEPs, straight from the belly of the EU beast. Unfiltered by mainstream media they grapple with the problems at the very heart of the European project.
Listen & subscribe using on of the services below, or open with your favourite podcast player.
You can also follow the Podcast series by following the official Independents 4 Change Twitter account.
- This week Mick, Clare and Damien are in Strasbourg and the Parliament is making a lot of noise. They discuss the vote to designate Russia a state sponsor of Terrorism, the imprisonment of activists in Egypt and EU arms flows into the country, the EU’s cosying up to Qatar despite its horrific human rights record, […]
- Clare kicks things off this week with a rundown of recent events in the parliament, most notably, the recent visit by Guatemalan peasant and indigenous movement CODECA. Then Mick joins her, straight from the COP climate conference in Egypt. He fills us in on what he saw there, the geopolitical machinations driving the talks, and […]
- This week on the podcast Mick and Clare are joined by Dr. Helen Yaffe, coproducer of the documentary "Cuba's Life Task: Combatting Climate Change." They discuss Cuba's climate change adaptation and mitigation plan "tarea vida" and how Cuba is dealing with climate change despite the US sanctions regime and blockade. Find out more about the […]
- Mick and Clare are just back from a trip to Pakistan. The country is still grappling with the effects of the devastating floods that happened during the summer. Our I4C MEPs met with various government ministers, political groups and industry representatives to hear about how they were dealing with the floods and Pakistan’s place on […]
- This week, Clare and Mick are joined by Damien again. They discuss increasing calls for peace coming from the political mainstream, EU double standards around migrants and asylum seekers, unrest in Haiti, debt trap disaster capitalism in action in Tunisia, the proposal for a windfall tax on excess profits of energy companies and finally the […]
- This week we’re in Strasbourg and the parliament has been debating the war in Ukraine from every angle imaginable – from the idea of state-sponsored terrorism, to the impact of the war on culture, on research, and migration. We also chat about the Sakharov price, changes in European states’ laws on sex work, the climate […]
- This week we’ve got something a little different for you. It’s the recording of the event we held at the parliament to launch our report on sanctions and their status under international law. It’s a long one but there’s lots of good stuff in here from the report’s authors Alina Miron and Antonios Tzanakopoulos, as […]
- This week Mick, Clare and Damien wonder what people talked about in the European Parliament before the war. They discuss a debate on “Putins cronies” in Europe, an excuse to bash any voices for peace, and the explosion of the Nord stream pipelines. They also discuss the release of a report on sanctions (read the […]
- This week on the podcast: Mick’s trip to Mozambique, Clare’s trip to Ireland and the question of Irish data protection laws, a new film on the Assange case, and the parliament doubling down on the disinformation narrative.
- This week Mick, Clare and Damien are in Strasbourg discussing Commission President Von der Leyen's speech on the "State of the Union" – though it was really more of a rant on behalf of US imperialism.